Friday, March 26, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Particle Accelerator...

...I was interviewed by one of Philly's major news networks on how Proton Therapy affects budding law students. The whole interview lasted about a half hour or so, but as you can expect they spliced and diced and came out with about a minute of footage. Apparently it was aired twice, once at 11 PM on March 24th, and again on the 25th at 4 PM. Check out the link below if you're interested. You may have to wait a bit for the video footage to appear on the right hand side of the screen, but it's worth it to see what a proton therapy patient undergoes each day. Plus, maybe I'll finally be "discovered;" Hollywood, here I come!!

http://cbs3.com/health/Health.Alert.Proton.2.1587415.html

4 comments:

  1. "You have a scar all the way across your head."
    "Yup."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool video. I didn't realize the technology was quite so new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Brian
    maybe a TV career
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brian,
    I was working on Ravdin 9 at HUP today when one of my neurosurgery patients told me about the news story on CBS about Proton Therapy, so I went to the hospital website, found the link/video and then realized "Hey! He was my patient in 44a!"

    Glad to see you are doing well, since I don't often get to hear how patients do once I give them their discharge papers. I hope that annoying dilantin rash cleared up quickly.

    Take care and good luck to you and your wife.

    Kathleen, RN- Ravdin 9

    ReplyDelete