Tuesday, March 30, 2010

1/3 Done, and 2/3 To Go!

Today marked my "1/3 of the way finished with treatment" day. Very exciting. Though I really don't have any seriously negative side effects from either the chemotherapy or the proton radiation, I am starting to develop a "sun burn" patch on the top of my head which I am told can be a precursor to hair loss :(

Apparently it's a not-to-uncommon side effect of being shot through by protons five times a week. Though I'm told it's temporary (and may even grow back a different color!) it will feel a bit strange walking around with a bald patch on the front of my head. All of those "weird-O" people I wondered about as a kid have come back to haunt me just as my grandma promised they would. Oh well, apart from a few awkward stares for a few months, I suppose things could always be much, much worse.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Brian! You'll be nearing the 1/2 mark soon. Way to hang in there, never give up!

    ReplyDelete